ANUP is governed by an Executive Committee comprising a Chair and two Deputy Chairs elected from the membership according to the rules of ANUP’s Terms of Reference.
Committee roles are voluntary and for a two year period.
The current Committee is:
Chair: Omer Yezdani, Australian Catholic University
Deputy Chair: John Pike, Murdoch University
Deputy Chair: Teresa Tjia, Victoria University
ANUP Past Chairs
Immediate Past Chair: Martin Hanlon, University of Technology Sydney (2016-2018)
Richelle Hilton, Australian National University (2014-2016)
Founding Chair: Associate Professor Anne Young, University of Newcastle
Responsibilities of the Executive Committee are to:
- Lead discussion on relevant issues, or delegate to an identified ANUP member
- Coordinate and prepare the meeting agenda and schedule
- Coordinate the logistics for each meeting
- Maintain records of ANUP member details
- Prepare and maintain formal records of each meeting
- Coordinate any member votes on motions or options
- Facilitate sharing of information from the Government or its agents with members
- Coordinate any ANUP submissions to Government or its agents
- Manage relationships between ANUP and other organisations
- Manage any monies collected from members
- Any other relevant responsibilities.
(Source: ANUP Terms of Reference, September 2016)